Friday, May 8, 2009

Ah, The Bitter Sweet Finale

As I wrap up the blog for my class, finish my class project and feel the tingles of summer I am finally realizing that this semester is over. With the exception of one more test of course.
Digital Promotion Management was probably my most useful class of the semester. Often times Visual Rhetoric aligned with the topics we are learning, but it didn't compare to what I have learned in this class. Thanks to a detailed understanding of the digital promotion world, I now have more confident going into the workforce. To be quite frank, I'm not sure how PR students who have not completed this course are going to compare without the knowledge of the valuable promotional techniques we learned about.
I completely navigate the Internet differently now, I understand what is behind my Google searches, I pay close attention to promotional emails and I look at Facebook and other networking sites with a new perspective. I have had to explain away my new fascination with Twitter, and while some think it is another silly social networking site, I know a bit more to it than they do. Many of my friends have disregarded the importance of the seemingly mundane everyday interactions on social networking sites, but that is where they will fall short.
Having the valuable knowledge of these new technologies and techniques makes me feel really confident about my ability to function in the working atmosphere. I am apart of the technology and WWW generation, therefore it had better be me who guides companies and organizations into the uncertain future of digital promotion.
Thank you Digital Promotion Management for opening my eyes and giving me the resources necessary to be succesful in the future. Hopefully I maintain this blog and continue to challenge myself to look critically at promotion across the world. One day it will pay off.

1 comment:

  1. Dammit! This sounds like exactly what I want to be studying post grad! Way to be ahead of me in awesomeness. I will have to read a lot of this... Is visual rhetoric a field you want to go on and study, or not? This aligns closely with media studies I think...

    ReplyDelete